Cloudy Water???

Discussion in 'Cloudy Aquarium Water' started by vijay3242, Apr 19, 2017.

1. vijay3242

vijay3242Well Known MemberMember

Hi. I have a 73G tank with 400 GPH which is attributed too a canister filter and a internal filter. So I went on vacation and left the tank in the care of my brother. I am pretty sure he overfeed it and now it is cloudy. I am pretty sure it is not a bacteria bloom as I have already cycled the tank and have had it stocked for 3 months already. For some reason it will not become clear again. I have cleaned the filter as well as have done a 75% water change. After a day the water becomes cloudy again after a water change. The water is cloudy with a light green tinge. Does anybody know why this happens and what I can do to change it. Also the water was perfectly clear and had good water quality before this.

2. Ed204

Ed204Well Known MemberMember

Hi there,
    What are your water parameters?
    Usually, when it comes to cloudy water it should be clear in a couple of days.
    I think you should just leave it alone for a couple of days and it should clear by its own.

3. Gourami-28

Gourami-28Valued MemberMember

Cleaning the filter and doin a 75% water change may cause a bacteria bloom leave it a while and it will get clear, what is your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels?

4. OP
    OP
    vijay3242

The cloudiness has been there for over two weeks now, I waited for a while in hopes it would clear up.
    Ammonia is 0, Nitrite is 0 and Nitrate is 20.

5. max h

max hWell Known MemberMember

A greenish tingle maybe an algae bloom.

6. OP
    OP
    vijay3242

Possibly do you know what to do. The tank is near a window, the only place my parents would allow me to have it. Will getting more nerites help.

7. max h

max hWell Known MemberMember

I never had this problem, here's a link that may help.  

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice