Cloudy Water With Brown Areas

Discussion in 'Cloudy Aquarium Water' started by Fishgirl225, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Fishgirl225New MemberMember

A92058CB-D8DE-4E04-A575-774C67A1E805.jpeg0C9A13A3-BCDB-4A3A-85B3-53041DE4444B.jpeg I did a water change and gravel clean this past week but my aquarium water is super cloudy and the corners and filled with the brown dirty water. I don’t know what’s going on or what I need to do. Here are pictures

2. Ms roseWell Known MemberMember

The cloudiness could be a bacteria bloom, as for the weird brown part I have no clue, other will soon chime in and help you ferthur

3. Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

Greetings and welcome to Fishlore :)

Some questions:

1. How old is the aquarium?

2. What are the water's readings?

3. What filtration are you using?

4. What size is the aquarium?

5. What fish are in this aquarium?

6. What are you feeding and how often?

The brown if it is on things and not the water its self it would be diatoms (I am guessing this is a new setup) They feed on silicate from the glass and will go away on their own. Nerite snails will eat it.

4. Fishgirl225New MemberMember

I just did a water change and everything went back to normal. However, when I added the prescribed conditioning solution amount the water became cloudy. Will this resolve itself?

5. Ms roseWell Known MemberMember

Yes, keep up on water changes and all will clear up. Assuming you are using a filter of course

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice