Cloudy water question-

ZeldaNerd

Hi all! I've had this problem in the past, but my tank is always slightly cloudy. I think it's because I used the wrong substrate for my betta's tank (I used pure sand) and it's getting increasingly difficult and irritating to clean as it sticks dead plant parts and old food to it (and clouds up my water). I want to put some black sand substrate that's like fine gravel almost in there for my plants, but in my new tank I have that and the water is still cloudy. It got better overnight as I set up the filter for it, but I'm tired of having to squint my eyes, I would love to achieve the old crystal clear water I had in my 3.5 gal. In each tank, I have activated carbon along with other minerals (and the filter pads have carbon within them as well), in the filters. Are there any tips ya'll have? I have added plants to my 20 gal long, and I have mostly rock-tied java ferns and moss balls in my betta's 10. I would like to continue to grow more root-based plants in my betta's, but I'm tempted to just give up and change to gravel. It's just unsatisfying to have cloudy water in a way

Edit: Also, if I were to purchase special treatments for cloudy water, are there any that are both safe for plants and fish?

GusMcGrath202020

is your 3.5 gallon planted?

ZeldaNerd

GusMcGrath202020 said:
is your 3.5 gallon planted?
This is a tank I had in the past, and no, I just had a betta and some fake plants (thank you for the response btw )

GusMcGrath202020

You are welcome. So what exactly are you looking for? just tips on clear water?

ZeldaNerd

GusMcGrath202020 said:
You are welcome. So what exactly are you looking for? just tips on clear water?
That and/or products that would be safe for my tank that would de-cloud it. I've taken measures in the past to try and help, and they have, but it's never fully worked. I just got new HOB filters (in my 10 it's been just a sponge till now), so the carbon hasn't had time to work through all of the water, but I'm hoping that will help. Do you have anything you do extra to keep your water clear? But yes basically

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom