Cloudy water.. Not overfeeding..suggestions?

1. bus927 Member Member

No matter how many water changes I do (usually 10-20%) every week.. Still looks rather cloudy from the sides ? What can I do ? [​IMG]

2. Bithimala Well Known Member Member

Is it just from the sides? Have you cleaned them recently?

You may also want to try lowering the filter output a little, or raising the water line a bit so that there's not as much current and see if that helps at all.

3. bus927 Member Member

Little from the front, mostly cloudy from the sides..it's a brand new tank that I cleaned prior to transferring my old tank over to it. I just raised the water level with new water about 2 hours ago.. I just can't figure this out. It was clear for about 2-3 days a couple weeks ago and then it went back to the old cloudy nature I had before..

4. MadRatter Member Member

Is your tank cycled? It could be a bacteria bloom.

5. bus927 Member Member

I had my old tank prior to the 20 gallon for about 2 months, then I read on here from someone else's questions that if I fill up my 20 gallon with new water, use my same filter with all the BB I've accumulated and my new penguin 150B that I would be good. This would be the third day it was transferred over from my old 10 gallon to my new 20 gallon tank.

6. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

It is bacterial bloom. Most bacteria causing this are different bacteria than the BB. These are heterotrophic bacteria munching organic stuff in a quite new tank. Do as less as possible (no waterchanges) and have some patience.
    It will clear on its own !

7. bus927 Member Member

Okay minimum feedings I'm assuming also ?

8. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Yeah there are some organics in food that they will eat / munch. If you're not overfeeding I'd do the normal routine and accept it is a bit cloudy a day longer maybe.