Cloudy Water In Fish In Cylce

1. Badet222 Member Member

Help guys.... im new here. I just saw my 10 gal tank 21days old with mildy cloudy water.but yesterday i thought it was fine but now its getting more cloudy. Im doing the cycling with fish coz i failed to do it and read about the nitrogen cycle... i have the eater with stress coat and ammo lock as adviced here by a good guy... had my 2 half dose of bettafix as my betta fish tail got ripped, but i stopped it already for teo days..i only gave it for 2 days with half dose didnt follow advice in the im doing preventing developing doing twice a week pwc... ammonia 0ppm nitrite .25ppm..... what should i do with the water now? Is it safe for my fish?
  2. Cheesearmada Member Member

Number 1, before you even get a fish you should have done your research.
    Number 2, always follow the direction on the bottle

I would do a 50% water change and make sure that ammonia does not get any higher as that could be fatal for your fish.

3. Badet222 Member Member

Thank you for the quick response...yup its my fault. I taught bettas grow just in a bowl as i saw in pinterest. Then my husband suddenly got me a 10 gal tank...
  4. DIYhack Member Member

Is it cloudy as in Milky?

Its just a bacteria bloom. Your filter is trying to catch up to the waste. The Heterotrophs bacteria is multiplying at a fast rate and can't attach itself quick enough so it flows threw the water column. They multiply every 15-20 Mins. So you would have to do a 50% water change every 15min just to get it to stop being worse. Won't happen.

50% water change wait a day. 50% water change wait a day and it should be gone.

5. Badet222 Member Member

Okay...thank you... i did the 50% water change already...its not that milky...i just observe that its getting cloudy compared yesterday...

Attached Files: