Cloudy Water In Fish In Cylce

1. B

Badet222 Member Member

Help guys.... im new here. I just saw my 10 gal tank 21days old with mildy cloudy water.but yesterday i thought it was fine but now its getting more cloudy. Im doing the cycling with fish coz i failed to do it and read about the nitrogen cycle... i have the eater with stress coat and ammo lock as adviced here by a good guy... had my 2 half dose of bettafix as my betta fish tail got ripped, but i stopped it already for teo days..i only gave it for 2 days with half dose didnt follow advice in the bottle.as im doing preventing developing disease.im doing twice a week pwc... ammonia 0ppm nitrite .25ppm..... what should i do with the water now? Is it safe for my fish?

2. Cheesearmada

Cheesearmada Member Member

Number 1, before you even get a fish you should have done your research.
    Number 2, always follow the direction on the bottle

I would do a 50% water change and make sure that ammonia does not get any higher as that could be fatal for your fish.

3. OP
    OP
    B

Badet222 Member Member

Thank you for the quick response...yup its my fault. I taught bettas grow just in a bowl as i saw in pinterest. Then my husband suddenly got me a 10 gal tank...

4. DIYhack

DIYhack Member Member

Is it cloudy as in Milky?

Its just a bacteria bloom. Your filter is trying to catch up to the waste. The Heterotrophs bacteria is multiplying at a fast rate and can't attach itself quick enough so it flows threw the water column. They multiply every 15-20 Mins. So you would have to do a 50% water change every 15min just to get it to stop being worse. Won't happen.

50% water change wait a day. 50% water change wait a day and it should be gone.

5. OP
    OP
    B

Badet222 Member Member

Okay...thank you... i did the 50% water change already...its not that milky...i just observe that its getting cloudy compared yesterday...

Attached Files: