:/ cloudy water in cycled tank

RubyGem
So it's been cycling for months and it has all the bacteria in the filter but all of a sudden it went white. Well not all of a sudden. Two things I did I am questioning added Ammonia and nitrate digester; as directed on the bottle. Also I did a huge water change; 60-70%. Are my fish gonna be ok??? What do I do?

I thought maybe I've ticked off the bacteria?
And will I have to recycle the whole tank!!!?

Advertisement
Peacefantasy
So it's been cycling for months and it has all the bacteria in the filter but all of a sudden it went white. Well not all of a sudden. Two things I did I am questioning added Ammonia and nitrate digester; as directed on the bottle. Also I did a huge water change; 60-70%. Are my fish gonna be ok??? What do I do?

I thought maybe I've ticked off the bacteria?
And will I have to recycle the whole tank!!!?
What kind of "digester" are you talking about?

Advertisement
RubyGem
lol sorry nitrite not nitrate...
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1463480585.131770.jpg

Peacefantasy
Ive never seen that product before.. but from the looks of it, it sounds unnecessary.
A red flag to me is it says "weekly" cleaning treatment. It says "starts filters".. a cycled filter does its own ammonia and nitrIte digesting.
I would discontinue use, and do a large water change and dose with Prime.
Prime will detoxify the ammonia and nitrIte up to 1ppm for 24hrs. Dose daily to protect your fish

If anybody more experienced disagrees with me, please correct me

CindiL
I agree also. That is basically a bottle of hetertrophic bateria, the kind of bacteria that breaks down organics like food, poop, plants etc. Your tank will provide those all on its own

If you're not cycled yet I'd recommend getting a true bacterial additive to seed your filters. Not sure what you have where you live but examples are Seachem Stability, Tetra Safe Start, Aqua Vitro Seed etc.

It won't hurt your regular nitrifying bacteria by the way, so don't worry about that.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Angiessa
Replies
Views
ruud
Replies
Views
April R
Replies
Views