Cloudy Water - Don't Know What's Causing It This Time. . .

Discussion in 'Cloudy Aquarium Water' started by NLindsey921, Jun 26, 2018.

1. NLindsey921

NLindsey921 Well Known Member Member

So guys a couple weeks ago I had an issue with severely cloudy and nasty water caused by my fiance accidently dumping three months worth of powdered food into my 29 gallon tank. I took care of it but when I woke up this morning, the water is cloudy again. I immediately did a 50% water change but that did not seem to help much. Any ideas on what is causing it and how I can fix it? These pictures are after the change. 33ca35acfdc818d7c934f825998b1e5d.jpg 53b2d982e2d58fec606c3fe227897f26.jpg

2. finnipper59

finnipper59 Well Known Member Member

How are your water perameters. I know you said the food incident happened a couple weeks ago, but there may have been enough particles that got left down in the substrate to cause a bacterial bloom.

3. OP
    OP
    NLindsey921

Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. I haven't checked the parameters yet. Last time I checked it was at 0,0,20 but that was right after I got the water cleared up the first time.

4. finnipper59

finnipper59 Well Known Member Member

Check it again. You may just be developing a higher cycle that filtration hasn't caught up with yet.

5. OP
    OP
    NLindsey921

Hmm. Interesting theory. Unfortunately I am fixing to head into work so the testing will have to wait until in the morning.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice