Cloudy Water - Don't Know What's Causing It This Time. . .

1. NLindsey921

NLindsey921 Well Known Member Member

So guys a couple weeks ago I had an issue with severely cloudy and nasty water caused by my fiance accidently dumping three months worth of powdered food into my 29 gallon tank. I took care of it but when I woke up this morning, the water is cloudy again. I immediately did a 50% water change but that did not seem to help much. Any ideas on what is causing it and how I can fix it? These pictures are after the change. 33ca35acfdc818d7c934f825998b1e5d.jpg 53b2d982e2d58fec606c3fe227897f26.jpg

2. finnipper59

finnipper59 Well Known Member Member

How are your water perameters. I know you said the food incident happened a couple weeks ago, but there may have been enough particles that got left down in the substrate to cause a bacterial bloom.

3. OP
    OP
    NLindsey921

Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. I haven't checked the parameters yet. Last time I checked it was at 0,0,20 but that was right after I got the water cleared up the first time.

4. finnipper59

finnipper59 Well Known Member Member

Check it again. You may just be developing a higher cycle that filtration hasn't caught up with yet.

5. OP
    OP
    NLindsey921

Hmm. Interesting theory. Unfortunately I am fixing to head into work so the testing will have to wait until in the morning.