Cloudy water and other problems!

1. kelsangdol Member Member

Hello!
    I set up my 55 gallon tank today with plants and two big filters.
    I am not putting in my fish till Sunday with Tetra Safestart.
    Well, my tank water is cloudy!
    Will it go away on it's own? :;dk
    Also, the owner at my LFS, said that florescent bulbs are better then incandescent and I can't plant Anacharis in my tank because it needs more light.
    Is this true?
    How can I tell from a incandescent and florescent bulb? The guy I bought it from didn't tell me.
    Okay, thanks in advance!! :;cr

2. steed1172 Well Known Member Member

well, chlorine can make water cloudy, starting the cycle(nitrogen cycle) can also make it cloudy, did you rinse your gravel before hand, if not give it some sifting and water changes and you will be set,and i see your aqua info says you know about the nitrogen cycle, please make sure it is cycled before you add fish, not during the cycle.

and a simple sufferance between the lights are generally florescent lights go across the whole tank as a long tube shape with prongs on the ends, incandescent light are screw in light bulbs smaller and "ball" shape, and light setups that use them for aquariums usually have one on each end and reflective back.(as there only being one for each end and not the whole length as with the tubes of florescent lights,there may be gaps in the middle of your tank without light if you use them)

3. kelsangdol Member Member

oops,my bad...the tank is clear,the wall paint behind it was the cloudy illusion...but thanks for the help anyways!!! :;hi1

4. callichma Well Known Member Member

He's using TSS so he needs to add his fish at the same time as the TSS.

5. kelsangdol Member Member

ahehehee...I'm a girl :;tea

6. callichma Well Known Member Member

Oh so sorry. I wasn't paying attention. Have fun with your tank.

Let us know how the TSS works. I used it on my Betta 5g and it worked like a charm. I used enough for a lot bigger tank, though. My parameters have stayed perfect since the beginning.

7. kelsangdol Member Member

It's okay :)
    And sure, I'll do that