Cloudy water after switching filters

Parkbench
That's what my gut tells me, especially since no one else has spots and he just has the one.

Advertisement
AtreyusMom
Maybe when he was dashing to the surface he hit his head on an ornament or something..ich usually looks like little tiny cotton balls. He's probably acting weird because he has a killer headache

el337
That doesn't look like ich to me. I'd just keep an eye on it for now.

Advertisement
AtreyusMom
How's everything going with the little guy?

jjjmobley
how is he doing with the white spot?

Advertisement
Parkbench
Thanks for checking in! He is doing better I think. No darting around and even after stirring things up trying to catch him, all of them have good color, no extra spots. In fact this morning when my kids fed, they were excited because all 6 were front and center.

Now my parents got us a couple little nerite snails last week when I thought I was closer to being cycled and I lost one of them... not like he died but I can't find him today.

I'm still fighting ammonia and nitrites today so I'm hoping my stability comes this afternoon.
Ammonia .25/nitrites .25/nitrates 5/pH 8.0

I only got the temp up to 77° but I think I'm going to slowly back it back down.

I have pothos I want to try growing out of the tank, should I wait until I'm cycled to be safe? When I have more nitrates to eat up?

el337
I'd probably wait to add the pothos just because you want to see a definite spike in nitrates to determine you are cycled and I hear pothos especially absorbs a lot of it.

Parkbench
That was what I was thinking

Parkbench
WOO HOO! No ammonia or nitrites, nitrates are 10 ppm.

Should I still start stability to keep it going?

(Also found the snail and still no new spots on anybody)

el337
Congrats! I don't think you'll need stability. If you get the same readings for 2 more days, I'd say you're definitely cycled.

Parkbench
I finally got to add some cherry barbs! Thanks for all the help and advice!

AtreyusMom
Yay!! The tank looks awesome

Parkbench
Thanks! I expected them to be shy for a while but they are all zipping around happily. Sometimes even with my much happier corys.

Parkbench
After all that I lost 3 of my corys, each about a week apart in the last month. I posted a separate question but I thought you folks may be able to help too.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Karl
Replies
Views
Fishstic
  • Question
Replies
Views
SecondTime
Replies