Cloudy Water After 3 Months

Man_Esp
I agree with the above. I might also say 50% water changes weekly seems a little overkill, might be stressing your system and plants and fish. Maybe try a couple days in the dark, try the UV. Then do a 50% change. From there weekly touch ups/20% should more than suffice. I do less on my overstocked 20 gallon and no problems
I guess ill try again leaving it in the dark, and I really hope I don't have to get a UV sterilizer, since its hard to find one in my country that isn't for a canister filter or just stupidly expensive. I don't know, mabe once its fixed ill dial down the water change.

Advertisement
Willed
I saw this thread just now and thought of your situation.

Drop In Uv Unit

Man_Esp
Advertisement
Man_Esp
I just wanted to post an update to this, it seems like the reason my water was so cloudy was the food!
After thinking about it I stopped giving the Tetra Pro Colour Crisps (picture below) and my water is now crystal clear.
I wanted to put this here just as some info if anyone has the same problem.
pez1.JPEG
pez2.jpg

DoubleDutch
I just wanted to post an update to this, it seems like the reason my water was so cloudy was the food!
After thinking about it I stopped giving the Tetra Pro Colour Crisps (picture below) and my water is now crystal clear.
I wanted to put this here just as some info if anyone has the same problem.View attachment 514236 View attachment 514237
Well done!!!

Cichlidude
Well that can't be right... According to Tetra Pro...

Clean, Clear Water
Tetra formulas feature micro milled, exotic, high-protein fish meal as a core ingredient—making them pure and digestible with fewer colorants. This leads to less waste and a cleaner, clearer aquarium.

DoubleDutch

Clean, Clear Water
Tetra formulas feature micro milled, exotic, high-protein fish meal as a core ingredient—making them pure and digestible with fewer colorants. This leads to less waste and a cleaner, clearer aquarium.
Uhhh isn't this the other way around?
OP quit giving it.

nikm128
In this case it does seem to be the other way around. Maybe OP got a bad batch of flakes

Man_Esp

Clean, Clear Water

I don't know about that, just that its been 15 days without using it and the water is really clean, maybe as nikm128 said, I got a bad batch?

I can try and put some in some water in a clear glass and post a picture and show you how it does get really cloudy

In this case it does seem to be the other way around. Maybe OP got a bad batch of flakes
Maybe I m not sure I do have another one unopened but I'm scared of using it and making it cloudy once more

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SparkyJones
Replies
Views
Wraithen
Replies
Views
SparkyJones
Replies
Views