Cloudy tank

1. Nicole1969 Initiate Member

Hi all , I have a very cloudy tank, it was ok until I added ammo lock ...
    All other tests are spot on ie.. Nitrite nitrate ph but ammonia is still showing on the test .. I know that it say ammo lock converts to non toxic form and will still read as ammonia in the test .. But is it the ammo lock causing the cloudiness and is there another way to test for ammonia ?
    Cheers Nicole
    PS had a massive water change recently due to massive ph drop and I had to clean everything .. Put her back together and she was fine until i put the ammo lock in .

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. smee82 Well Known Member Member

Its possible that youre going through a bacterial bloom.

How much is a massive PH drop and massive Water change. Also why are you using ammo lock if your readings are showing ammonia then your tank might not be cycled yet. how long has your tank been setup for aswell as its size and stocking.

3. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

Star.gif I have moved your thread from Freshwater Beginners to Aquarium Water/Cloudy Aquarium Water section of the forum.

Star.gif Now that you have more than 3 posts to the open forum, please complete your Aquarium Profile Information. To access the Profile, click on Forum Actions in the bar close to the top of the screen. In the drop down box, click on Edit Profile. Be sure to hit SAVE when you are done.

Bacterial Blooms:
    http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/246850-bacterial-blooms-explained/

Ken