Question Cloudy Tank? Also Fishless Cycling Question

Starflyr3

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I moved Rainbow’s tank out of my daughter’s room and onto the kitchen counter (more waterproof, easier). We didn’t break it down, just took out most of the water (put him in the fish water jug for a few minutes) and the added new water downstairs.

Parameters before and after we’re the same:

Temp: 80
pH: 8
Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 0-5 (only tested it before, not after)

The water is super cloudy. I dosed 5x prime just in case and added some stress coat.

Is there anything else I need to do?

6984294D-64B1-449D-8C80-E45EDAAB39D8.jpeg

I also set up a new tank to start a fishless cycle. I’ve treated the water and I’m just letting it run until my Dr Tim’s ammonia shows up Tuesday. Then I’ll add TSS and go from there. Is there anything I need to do before then?

Once it’s done, we’re getting a marble Betta.

A98B9E29-D8F0-4BD0-B4FC-ACD4BE5D1545.jpeg

Sorry about the glare.

PascalKrypt

Well Known
Reaction score
I know it's really off topic but just wanted to say I love your stone dragon! Generally not a fan of 'themed' decor but that one I would pop right into my tank

(Also glad to hear Rainbow is doing okay, I was lurking on the illness thread for a while)

OP
Starflyr3

Starflyr3

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
PascalKrypt said:
I know it's really off topic but just wanted to say I love your stone dragon! Generally not a fan of 'themed' decor but that one I would pop right into my tank

(Also glad to hear Rainbow is doing okay, I was lurking on the illness thread for a while)
Thanks!

My daughter is a dragon and dino lover, and Rainbow is her fish. I saw some cute cartoonish ceramic dragons today, too, but I’m not telling her! (shhhh...)

New Threads