Cloudy/milky Water Week And A Half Into Cycle (fish In)

conner Day

Reaction score
hi guys i was dumb and rushed getting fish i let the tank sit 3 days with nothing in it and thought that was it, i have a 10 gall tank with 2 pea puffers in it and 2 ghost shrimp ive had them about 10-12 days and yesterday water got a bit cloudy, today i woke up and the water was so cloudy i could barley see the plants and the ammonia lvl was at 0.2ppm and nitrate 20 and nitrite i immediately did a water change (50%) and added new water with conditioner in it its a bit cloudy now but better, what should i do is this a part of the cycle? i hear people doing a no fish cycle there water get cloudy during a bacteria bloom, should i remove the fish? thanks

conner Day

Reaction score
Fashooga said:
Your doing a in fish cycle...the white cloudy water is the bacteria bloom. Because you have fish in there you will need to do daily water changes to keep ammonia levels down.

This is really all you can do at this point. Just wait and change water.
okay is 50% daily good?

DuaneV

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
50% daily is fine....., if it keeps your levels in healthy range. If they go higher you need to do bigger water changes. You have a small bioload, so dont overfeed them, keep an eye on the levels and do water changes as necessary. It'll straighten itself out in 3-4 weeks as long as you dont add more fish.

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
50-75% is good, just make sure you add conditioner.

This process will take about a month to do, might be faster if your fish are pooping a lot. If you don't have a master test kit I would get one.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom