Cloudy Eye?

Nathaneto2

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi,

I have a Dalmation Molly (1-1.2) years old in my 16 gal. The params are 0:0:5. I have been dealing with some fish TB recently in this tank with a few danios if that's relevant, but I don't think it is. Anyways, My Molly has recently developed a grayish "cloudy" area on its eye, and I was concerned that it might be the early stages of cloudy eye. The grey part doesn't seem to protrude so much, but I was also concerned about a few weird behavioral changes. Don't fear- she is eating normally and aggressively as per usual. The changes are that she is nipping at the other adult Molly more than usual, and has the occasional shakeshake of the head known as "shimmies." These aren't severe shimmies, but since this has developed in her eye, I have seen her shake back and forth vigorously for a half a second or so a few times.
Picture attached-
Thanks for the help

Attachments

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Can you list the full stocking of this tank? How often do you do water changes? How are you testing the parameters?

What makes you think your danios had TB? Just wondering.

Nathaneto2

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
TexasDomer said:
Can you list the full stocking of this tank? How often do you do water changes? How are you testing the parameters?

What makes you think your danios had TB? Just wondering.
Full stocking:
16.6 gallon tank
5 Zebra Danios
2 Dalmation Mollies
1 Juvenile golden panda molly
1 (small 2 inch) clown pleco
1 ADF

One danio died quickly with a sudden curved spine and other symptoms of TB, and one is currently in a breeders box isolated not looking too good with the same symptoms.

I test the ammonia with a test tube and nitrite/nitrate by test strip. ( I know they can be innacurate.) I do a 50% every two weeks

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I agree. 5 ppm seems much too low for your stocking, tank size, lack of plants, and lack of water changes. I would really consider getting a liquid test kit of your own.

I'd move to at least 50% weekly when your fish are healthy. For now, I'd be doing 50% every few days.

What's the pH?

You have stocking issues, if you'd like to discuss them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom