Cloudy eye

1. Dempsey Dude Well Known Member Member

Hi all,

My big female Dempsey has had some cloudiness in her left eye for about a week now, presumably it was injured in a scuffle with Oscar or by scratching it against something in the aquarium. I figure it's not illness cause a) it only affects one of the eyes and b) it's only partly cloudy, she still has vision in the eye. Oscar had the exact same thing a few months back after I introduced her and she first laid eggs, she beat him up pretty badly and one of his eyes was cloudy, but it healed up perfectly in a matter of 2-3 days.

Hers for some reason has stayed much the same for over a week now. How long does it generally take things like this to heal? Is there anything I can do to speed it along besides water changes?

2. Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

Keep his water pristine and give it a few more days, monitor for any other effects such as pop eye, usually, clean water and a good diet is all fish need to heal from minor cloudy eye issues.

3. Dempsey Dude Well Known Member Member

Alright thank you. I really hope it's not permanent, she's such a pretty fish otherwise.