Cloudy Eye And Fuzzy Fins Help

1. L

LaraKatt New Member Member

Hi!

I have had my male crown tail betta for almost 1 year now, and recently he has developed one cloudy eye (it does not seem to be bulging, just cloudy), as well as a little bit of white fuzz at the ends of a couple of his fins. He lives in a 1 gallon bowl witha real plant. His water is fully changed every week and treated with a water conditioner.

I've attached some photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0Q7h0UGiry7RKzHD3

What's wrong? How do I help him?

Thank you!

IMG_6505.jpg IMG_6506.jpg

2. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Well Known Member Member

Does he have a heater? If not, do you know the water temp? @Goldiemom youre not up to anything, look at these pics for me? Please?

3. Goldiemom

Goldiemom Well Known Member Member

There is a little bulge under the lens, fluid behind it and cloudy. I can’t see the fuzz on fins.

4. Gypsy13

Super clean warm water is the best thing. A little bit of dissolved aquarium salt would help. With the plant and it’s only one gallon, you’d need to underdose by at least half.

5. OP
    OP
    L

Thanks for your help! He does have a heater, and we’ve been changing the water every other day lately. I’ll get some aquarium salt as well.

6. OP
    OP
    L

Thanks for your help! He does have a heater and we’ve been changing the water every other day since noticing his eye. I’ll get some aquarium salt.

7. Gypsy13

Keep us posted? Please?

8. OP
    OP
    L

We've added aquarium salt and some bettafix to his bowl and the cloudiness in his eye seems to be lessening :) I think he'll be alright with frequent water changes !

9. Gypsy13

Keep us posted? We’re all hoping for the best.