Close look at eggs in the nest

TropicalGrimmish

Valued Member
Reaction score
The babies are coming up on 2 weeks old this weekend..I haven't lost many at all maybe 6 total that I've pulled out..This is a huge spawn! They are all eating and growing up very well..

Here is a shot of one of my cuties today..They are showing beautiful mustard gas coloring at a very young age...
cute little guy or gal

ShaynaB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh man! How much did I miss over the holidays! haha

MM, your babies are always so cute! It's nice to be able to see the pictures. I love the little guy or gal in the last one. Such a cute expression!

Martinismommy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have only found 4 dead ones so I'm going to guess 100 plus are still alive at week 3....A little overwhelming for sure...I'm going to have to move them to the 25 gallon grow out tank soon because of the volume of fry....

Here they are at 3 weeks old...And yes Shawnie, the ARE Chubettas! lol

Attachments

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Karen, they're sooo cute! I'd love to see your house with all the grow out tanks.

Martinismommy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thank you! This is a beautiful spawn....I can't wait for them to come into adulthood!

Martinismommy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thank you Agarb....Here's a picture of someone you might want to see as a wee little fry ...This is one of my Copper babies ....

Attachments

Martinismommy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They are already grown up....This is the Coppers we have been talking about....

Martinismommy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The babies are approaching 1 month old.....Things have gone much better than I could have dreamed of...They are healthy little buggars...I still have almost all of the original spawn alive! They are showing beautiful MG coloring at a very young age....They are eating me out of house and home right now lol....

Here is one of the little guys at 4 weeks...

Attachments

bettafish2816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
that's wonderful...........i'm in trouble, i LOVE the mustard gas coloration........i think i may need to make room for another!!!

cognizant

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Great pictures. Great explanations. Great job. I can't wait for some more updates on the babies and some more pictures as they age. This is a very enlightening blog/thread and you did a wonderful job with everything.

Martinismommy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I moved the 1 month old babies to the toddler grow out tank yesterday...Wow, what a lot of work that was lol......There are 100's still alive! I have never seen a spawn this size at this age before.....Not sure what I did differently if anything to make them all live this long...

Here are a few of the cuties...They are coloring up nicely...Some are the deep orange/aqua like Daddy and others look more like Mommy.....

Attachments

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom