Close Call With Panda Tetra!!

Goldfishfreak
Last night I went to go feed my loaches and noticed one of my panda tetras floating on his side. I love my pandas so I immediately took him out and put him in a container so I could get a better look at him.

That's when I realized he had something stuck on his mouth and couldn't breath properly. So I gently held his little head and then pulled the thing out of his mouth. I didn't really look at what it was but it was something stringy. I looked back and him and he was breathing but still floating upside down. I had no idea what to do and it was late and I had work this morning so I have him a 10min salt bath (which made him float a bit more normal) and put him on a breeder box back in my tank. This morning he is swimming straight and enjoying some food! But I do think I will leave him in there for another day he looks a bit shaken up still and the pandas like to pick on other sick fish.

I was very worried all night but am glad he is ok now.

Had anyone ever had anything like this happen to them before??

DutchAquarium
All it takes is a piece of string or too big of a tubifex worm for them to choke on. As they say, what fits in the mouth goes in the mouth.

Goldiemom
I had black moor that was choking on a piece of brocollI that wasn't cooked enough. It was actually stuck in her mouth. As soon as I grabbed her, the dang thing popped out and all was good.

Gypsy13
One of my goldfish got a small bird today shouldn’t need food for a month! I’m telling you, gluttons!

Goldiemom
What? I thought the birds were suppose to get the fish? Lol

Gypsy13
What? I thought the birds were suppose to get the fish? Lol

I evidently need to move the bird bath ASAP! Right now it’s actually part of the waterfall. I feel so bad for that poor bird!

Goldiemom
I’m sorry but I can’t stop laughing. I have a net over my pond to keep the birds out and yours is pulling them in.

Goldfishfreak
I evidently need to move the bird bath ASAP! Right now it’s actually part of the waterfall. I feel so bad for that poor bird!

The fish are fighting back.. Poor birdy

Gypsy13
The fish are fighting back.. Poor birdy

My fish are just plain gluttons! They get more than enough to eat. And my poor lizards can’t keep tails! Don’t have a single snail in that pond. Barely saved a full grown bullfrog. All the girls think about is food and all the boys think about is making the girls lay eggs! Lol

Gypsy13
I’m sorry but I can’t stop laughing. I have a net over my pond to keep the birds out and yours is pulling them in.

So far nothing and I mean NOTHING has been able to get one of my fish. And stop laughing! Encouraging my finned pigs to act up! Lol

Gypsy13

:smug: Hah hah hah!

goldface
One of my White Cloud Mountain Minnows passed away. I think she had one too many Mysis Shrimp. Her stomach appeared to have exploded. My other female took about a week to recover. I’m thinking I need to evaluate how much frozen foods to drop in instead of tossing a chunk in.

Gypsy13
One of my White Cloud Mountain Minnows passed away. I think she had one too many Mysis Shrimp. Her stomach appeared to jave exploded.

I’m so sorry! I love my WCMMg. Have five. My heart is with you.

Goldiemom
Sorry to hear of your loss. Sometimes I’m amazed that mine doesn’t explode. Lol

goldface
I’m so sorry! I love my WCMMg. Have five. My heart is with you.
Yeah, I’m going to stick with dry foods for a while. It’s much easier to portion out. She was one of my older fishes I had.

Gypsy13
Yeah, I’m going to stick with dry foods for a while. It’s much easier to portion out. She was one of my older fishes I had.

Like my Big Momma. You really notice the void they leave in the tank and your heart. Hugs.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
bettasXD
Replies
Views
Amazoniantanklvr
Replies
Views
AllieSten
Top Bottom