Cleveland OH - lfs, display tanks, frog fish

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Just a few quick photos I was able to snap in the amount of time I had before they closed. It's my favorite lfs, having about 6-7 rows of tanks with tanks on both sides 2 high all 30-40 gallons I would guess. Will try to take some better photos next time but it's a large store, like a mini warehouse tall ceiling.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That place reminds me of the place I got my albino BN. The guy works out of his basement and has 29-20+ gallon tanks in one of his rooms and about 30-20+gallon tanks in another room. He has hundreds of home grown plants in about 6 aquariums, as well as a saltwater tank, and all the chemicals and meds and foods you can think of and purchase in Winnipeg. It is very amazing. He says that in the winter he doesn't have a high heating bill b/c he has all those tanks and during the summer it gets really warm down there. He also has hundreds of different fish and they all look happy and healthy. What it looked like, in the other room he had for the tanks, was that was where the sick or recovering fish were. His basement is just so amazing.
Tom

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Looks like they have a lot of choices. Good for you What state are you in? Where is that store?

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Tom wow how does he do that, is that legal. I'm not sure it is in the US.

Isabella yes they have TONS of choices, it's bigger than the AA by me. It's in Ohio by cleveland, a locally owned store here, small chain two in total now, was three but they closed one recently I think. It's a nice store since all prices are reasonable and 5-6 times a year they will have 25% off EVERYTHING including on sale items and they will have something transfered to the store your at if from their other store if they don't have it. they usually get all the fish you can think of and will call you when they recieve some so you can get it. They even sell huge tanks for huge fish. They hold sick fish and will not sell them also though they have bettas in cups, not many though so they don't live in them long since lots of people go there. They have co2 equipment and eco-complete I think it is, maybe flourite not sure.

Will try to get better pics on presidents day of their fish section and their frog fish, their tanks are setup differently than most stores.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
atmmachine said:
Tom wow how does he do that, is that legal. I'm not sure it is in the US.
Ya, it is perfectly legal to that. It is just a home run business so it has to be.
Tom

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Where to people park or do you guys walk a lot?

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If your talking to me, they would park on the street in front of his house and and walk on in. He doesn't seem to have a lot of business. He probably also breeds his fish as well.
Tom

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hmmm. is that what he does for a living

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks, sounds like a nice place.

I'm going to that lfs again tomorow, will try to get better pics.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm going to the lfs by the end of the week to pick up 3 more neons and 3 more lemon tetras. It is always fun going to a petstore, especially if they also sell birds that chirp loud enough to eliminate the sound of the filter and water current.
Tom

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
LOL at this one there's enough noise from people and the filters are quiet you can't really hear them. I agree it's always fun.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The lfs closest to me rarely has people in there because it is one of those tiny petstores. My mom just hates taking me to a petstore because she knows I will want to be there for a few hours just looking at all the different fish and the way they act and looking at different non-fish related stuff like the decor, chemicals, testers, food, etc.
Tom

ricky2272

Reaction score
Hi, i see it writen alot on this site but i dont know what it means. What is lfs?
Thanks,
Ricky ;D

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
local fish store

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
more pics of it
1. Freshwater tanks
2. another shot of them
3. tank stand
4. part of store
5. Saltwater section
6. frog fish (tilt your head)
7. frog fish again
8. planted display tank for isabella
9. gold fish tank
10. cichlid tank

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
There Saltwater but can be housed in 30 gallon tanks, some at least. they don't move much

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
THANK YOU Atm I love the planted tank pictures in particular!

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'll see if I can get some pictures of that guys house for all of you guys and gals. I might be going this afternoon.
Tom

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom