Clearing Medication

DavidJTurley

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am currently treating my tank with Esha 2000 which advises to remove snails; so for now my assassin snails are floating around in plastic Tupperware (probably not the most exciting little house). Esha 2000 has a small concentration of copper in it which can be deadly to snails (although not deadly enough in my opinion as I still have my pest snails surviving in the tank) so I purchased some PolyFilter to remove the copper and other chemicals from the medication.

However, I am not sure if I can simply put a weight at the bottom of the polyfilter and drop it in the tank OR if I need to take my sponge out of the filter and put the polyfilter in my filter for a few days? Or can I put the polyfilter in alongside the filter sponge?

It isn’t too clear online or on the instructions so just wondered if anybody could advise. My filter is a Fluval Mini (I don’t think it is a power filter or anything) if that helps.

Attachments

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The fastest and most reliable way is to put it in the filter. Within a day or so the medication should be removed as the water is passed over the media. If you just toss the polyfilter in the water won't be passing over it properly. It will still remove the chemicals but I'd think it would take much longer to do so.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom