Clear PVC Tunnel

Snakeboat

Hello everyone, I am quite new to the forum and hardly a fishkeeping veteran. I am currently running a rather sparten tank, it has a singular driftwood feature fashioned into a tree using peacock moss, some low lying grass other plants. What I want to know, as I have a few Clown Loaches would it be possible set up a clear pvc tunnel, by cutting down the middle to form a semI circle with the open side of the tube against the glass at the front and side of the fishtank.

The reason I wanted to do this is the loaches need some cover and i'd like a fun visable way of allowing it.

any suggestions?

Aquarist

Hello Snakeboat and Welcome to Fish Lore!

I'm sure others will chime in before long with opinions/ideas to help you with your PVC tunnel.

I hope you enjoy the site!

Ken

ticocruiser

This is what I purchased a "ghost house" here is the link

Jaysee

Welcome to the forum!

I have a ghost house for my BGK.

When you say against the glass, do you mean parallel or perpendicular?

Snakeboat

Thanks for the feedback everyone and I like the look of that ghost house, but what I am suggesting is cutting the pvc like the ghost house down the middle

and then placing it under the gravel except for the two ends which will be open entrances.

so if half the pvc looks like that -> C| <-The front of the tank would then be here.
So the length of half PVC runs parrellel to the front of the tank and is open to the front view of the tank

how large a tube should I get?

Jaysee

Ahhh, that's what I thought but wasn't sure.

I would attach a flat base on to the bottom of the tube so that it can rest on the bottom glass. That will prevent it from moving.

How big a tube? How big are your fish ?

Snakeboat

pretty small at this stage but they will grow fast so i'm thinking maybe 3- 4 inches in diametre as I'll be cutting it in half to do so, do you suggest fixing it to the flat base the same way I'll fix some gravel onto it to make it natural?

Jaysee

Is your vision to have it burried in the gravel?

Snakeboat

correct so along the front of the tank under gravel

Jaysee

I would still attach a flat base. The gravel on top of the base will anchor it, keeping the gravel covering it from settling.

It's going to require a lot of substrate to do the job...perhaps you can just attach the gravel to the tube?

Snakeboat

yeah I plan on siliconing gravel to both the inside and outside, that way if I can't cover it completely it will still blend in... to an extent lol

Jaysee

It's an interesting idea - can't waitto see pics!

Snakeboat

yeah will be posting as soon as possible, and I figure if it doesn't work out as a cave up the front it can always be moved else where in a different position

Snakeboat

okay I went to the fish shop and what happens when we go to the fish shop? we get completely sidetracked from what we planned
so I now have a piece of volcanic rock with a nice hole through the center
now what I plan to do is place that on a mound of gravel in the back left corner of the tank. the hole will be connected to some pvc pipe which hopefully will then come out as a tunnel entrance in the back right of the tank

any thoughts?

fishyfishyfishy13

It sounds like a good idea... would the pvc still come around to the front of the tank?

Latest threads

Top Bottom