Clear For Life - Acrylic Tanks?

Discussion in 'Saltwater Aquarium Builds' started by SkyBox, Nov 4, 2018.

1. S

SkyBox New Member Member

Currently researching acrylic tanks - I've only owned glass in the past. Does anyone have any experience with the "Clear for Life" brand? Seems reasonably priced for acrylic in the 75-90gal range.

Any other brands out in there in this range?

2. stella1979

stella1979 Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to Fishlore! :D Hmmm, I haven't seen many acrylic tanks here, but that doesn't mean there's no one to help. I'm pretty sure some of our reefers with wider experience via aquarium clubs and such may be able to help, so I'll call on a few.;) @Nart @Wild Bill @Jesterrace

3. skar

skar Well Known Member Member

I've not used acrylic before.
    I advise you to consider that acrylic is a plastic. There is greater chance for stains and scratches with this type of tank.

4. Zentuckyfriedchicken

Zentuckyfriedchicken Well Known Member Member

Well you can easily buff lighter scratches.

5. Nart

Nart Well Known Member Member

Don't have any experience with these tanks.
    Quality acrylic tanks are nice though!

6. OP
    OP
    S

SkyBox New Member Member

I ordered the Clear for Life 90gal acrylic today - w/Laguna stand and canopy. These are priced very well, but the only major problem I see is that top is sealed only leaving two 15" X 7" cutouts in the fron . This could make cleaning difficult and limit the size of rock/coral decor? See below:

fgsscdnjb5vezm14o3r0.jpg

[​IMG]

7. Galathiel

Galathiel Well Known Member Member

I have a 46 gallon Seaclear bowfront acrylic aquarium. I didn't realize that the top only had cutouts as well.
    Top of mine:
    RgSZnGtl.jpg

8. OP
    OP
    S

SkyBox New Member Member

Does that make it difficult to wipe down the inside of the glass? Were you still able to get good size rocks in there?

9. Galathiel

Galathiel Well Known Member Member

I, being short, have to stand on a step to clean the tank. Rocks, you shouldn't have 'too' many issues with depending on their size. If they are flatter than they are round, that would be a better pick. Or you can use multiple stones to make one big outcropping.

I have goldfish in mine so have minimal decorations.
    10lgVZul.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice