Cleaning new tank, Any help?

Goldie1038

My goldfish is 2 years old already! Hes gotten so big and im buying him a new tank soon! Any tips on how to clean the new tank before putting him in it?

IzabelB

Goldie1038 said:
My goldfish is 2 years old already! Hes gotten so big and im buying him a new tank soon! Any tips on how to clean the new tank before putting him in it?
Could you elaborate? Do you mean its a used tank with algae or calcium deposit?

AggressiveAquatics

I just scrub my tanks with either water or a water vinegar mixture. Make sure to cycle it

Goldie1038

IzabelB said:
Could you elaborate? Do you mean its a used tank with algae or calcium deposit?
Preferably store bought, but people touch them and they might have chemicals in them, i always want to wash it first, i obviously wouldnt use soap or any chemicals, just a soak in hot water?

Cory04

Goldie1038 said:
I see that you don't know the Nitrogen Cycle. I am very surprised that the goldfish survived for 2 years. Make sure to cycle the new tank. I scrub my new tank with water and let it air dry.

IzabelB

Goldie1038 said:
Preferably store bought, but people touch them and they might have chemicals in them, i always want to wash it first, i obviously wouldnt use soap or any chemicals, just a soak in hot water?
Ah, I personally don’t wash tanks if they are brand new but if you feel the need then just water will do the job.

Demonskid

I wipe mine down with a vinegar/water solution then let it dry before setting it up to cycle. I too like to be careful.

JeremyW

I just give them a quick rinse and a wipe with paper towel.

Random Great Thread

Top Bottom