Cleaning Nets and Things

JPH1970
What's the best way to clean nets and things clean between uses? Will hot water do?

StinkyLoaf
When there’s dirt on my nets I rinse them under hot tap water, but only after I finish using them. I then dry them with a cloth to get the tap water off.

JPH1970
CrustyDusty said:
When there’s dirt on my nets I rinse them under hot tap water, but only after I finish using them. I then dry them with a cloth to get the tap water off.
Fortunately I'm on well water

Dennis57
JPH1970 said:
Fortunately I'm on well water
You still have hot water, no?

Betta'sAnonymous
I treat it like food service equipment. Wash/rinse with hot water, let air dry, as towels bring other bacteria in the mix.

aquachris
I've always wondered if there was some kind of sterilization solution maybe to use as well... like others I just use super hot water and let it air dry.

I've heard boiling, bleach, Potassium Permanganate, vinegar - (some similar things as dipping plants...). Fear I have is the net holding up to some aggressive stuff..

Found this: How to Sterilize Fish Tanks, Nets, and Equipment - YouTube

JPH1970
Dennis57 said:
You still have hot water, no?
No I do not. I wish everything in cold water and hope for the best
aquachris said:
I've always wondered if there was some kind of sterilization solution maybe to use as well... like others I just use super hot water and let it air dry.

I've heard boiling, bleach, Potassium Permanganate, vinegar - (some similar things as dipping plants...). Fear I have is the net holding up to some aggressive stuff..

Found this: How to Sterilize Fish Tanks, Nets, and Equipment - YouTube
Thank you.

But what's permanganate??
Betta'sAnonymous said:
I treat it like food service equipment. Wash/rinse with hot water, let air dry, as towels bring other bacteria in the mix.
That seems to be the best, no-cost solution

Coradee
Hi, you can use baby bottle sterilising tablets or fluid, rinse thoroughly after using it & allow nets/equipment to dry.

Random Great Thread

Saltwater aquarium start-up series:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Latest threads

Top Bottom