Cleaning my plants :)

Mccullough5633

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1409141239.285994.jpg

Adam55

Hello and welcome.

Is that a SAE?

Mccullough5633

Its an otocinclus there great Algea eaters I have a better picture of them feeding at the min
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1409147050.446080.jpg

Mamajin

Adam55 said:
Hello and welcome.

Is that a SAE?
They can be hard to tell apart.

The SAE has a solid line down it's body that goes all the way to the tail. The Otto has a black line too, but ends with a black dot. Hard to tell from the pic since you cannot really see the tail hehe. The black line on the SAE looks like it was painted with a perfect brush, whereas the black line on the Otto looks like it was painted with a tatty old brush. Did that make any sense at all? LOL

Mccullough5633

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1409148711.136234.jpg
does anyone know what this Algea eater is when I bought them the guy explained they were SAE and it was written on the store tank Aswell but with a bit of research I done they don't have the black strip through the body but only a black dot at the rear. I believe there or of the same family as the siamese Algea eater and do a really good job LOVE THEM

Adam55

Mamajin said:
They can be hard to tell apart.

The SAE has a solid line down it's body that goes all the way to the tail. The Otto has a black line too, but ends with a black dot. Hard to tell from the pic since you cannot really see the tail hehe. The black line on the SAE looks like it was painted with a perfect brush, whereas the black line on the Otto looks like it was painted with a tatty old brush. Did that make any sense at all? LOL
It did!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom