Cleaning glass

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by freak78, Dec 31, 2009.

1. freak78

freak78 Well Known Member Member

What do you all use when cleaning the glass on the inside of your tank's with the fish swimming around?

2. TedsTank

TedsTank Well Known Member Member

I recently bought one of those strong magnet glass cleaners...it is soooo nice to use and does a great job. Up til now i was using a scotch scrubber pad. Don't use that on a plexiglass tank!!

3. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

+2

4. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning. I use the generic algae scrubber from the pet store. with the sponge on a handle, for my glass tanks. For my acrylic tank I use a never seen soap, brand spankin' new, white t shirt :)
    Ken

5. OP
    OP
    freak78

freak78 Well Known Member Member

I'm pretty sure my tank is glass.

6. HitchHiker

HitchHiker Valued Member Member

I love using microfiber clothes. They are really amazing, at what they can clean off with just a simple wipe. You can get a package of 8 for $5 in the auto section of walmart, and they also have a sponge that is covered in a microfiber weave for scrubbing bugs off of windshields. The great thing is that they won't scratch plastic tanks.

7. Gouramiguy17

Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

+3

8. btate617

btate617 Well Known Member Member

9. platy ben

platy ben Well Known Member Member

I have magnetic cleaners on three of my tanks and then I have an aluminium algae scraper for those hard to get algaes ;) and I also have the typical sponge pad on a stick :)

10. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

11. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

Magnetic cleaners for me to. Sooooo much easier.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice