Cleaning everything that was in a 20 gal

LiveWell

Happy Memorial Day to everyone and Thank You Veterans for your service. I had an issue a couple weeks ago with my 20 gal long. I lost all of my fish in it within a couple days and then had to go out of state for my Father- in- laws funeral. I am cleaning everything that was in the tank and will put it away for awhile.
My question is, should I boil the gravel/ pebbles since I didn't find out what killed everything, and the plants, how should I clean them because I still have a 10 gal planted tank with a Betta and 3 Rasbora's? There are 3 Anubius Petites that are really pretty, I would hate to lose them. Can I plant them in dirt in a pot and they survive? Thank you for your time to answer.

Fisch

Sorry to hear that you put that hobby on pause, but it is understandable to 'reset' before starting again.The gravel I would cook for a while, then let it dry in the sun before bagging and storing it.
The Anubias you could treat in a bleach dip or alum dip, then I would add it to the Betta tank.

Upvote 0

LiveWell

Thanks Fisch for your reply. I started with a 10 gal 15 months ago and started my 20 gal about 6 months ago. I still have another 10 gal with the Betta. I have lost fish from time to time but this losing all at once really took the pleasure away. maybe later. Thanks again for your response.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JoeNate
Replies
Views
JLDJ
Replies
Views
FishSupreme
Replies