Cleaning decoration

alexraj

HI All,

I bought a decoration that claimed it will glow in dark. It is pink and colorful, and looked very nice on my tank (though it didn't glow in dark). It looks like a artificial corals. But after two days it has white deposits on the tentacles, it is really hard to clean it. I have to scratch of the deposits and do it for one tentacle a time. I am wondering if there is an easy way to do it, or ways to stop the deposit. It is very small in size, so I am not worried losing bacterias on it.

Regards,
Alex.

COBettaCouple

I'm not sure what it is that causes it, but every glow in the dark decor piece that we've bought has gotten that and I just keep them as clean as I can.

Isabella

The only white deposits I can think of is calcium. Though you say you got it in just 2 days? Calcium usually takes a while to deposit itself on tank glass and decor. Maybe the particular material from which your "glow" decor is made has some properties that attract Calcium faster? Or maybe it has a surface that lets calcium attach to it more quickly and/or more permanently? Just some thoughts.

COBettaCouple

This is more of a slimey buildup, yet it doesn't seem to be white algae..

alexraj

I added a real plant and it seem to consume the white build up. It is 4 weeks now, and I see most of it is already gone. So what could it be, that get consumed by real plant?

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom