Cleaning crew for 55 gallon saltwater FOWLR tank

Discussion in 'Saltwater Aquarium Stocking' started by fish4life157, Dec 7, 2012.

1. fish4life157

fish4life157 Valued Member Member

Hi Fish lore! My tank has been cycling for about four weeks now. I believe it is time to get some hermits, snails, and any other necessary organisms to clean my tank. What type and quantity of cleaning crew would you recommend for my rectangular 55 gallon. I have 55 pounds of very porous and holey rock and 60 pounds of sand. I have noticed some purple and brown algae growing on the sand. There is some green algae on the live rock as well. Please respond quickly because I am getting my cleaning crew tomorrow at my local pet store. :;thx

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  2. Y

Yeoy Well Known Member Member

If you list what fish you keep, it might be easier. As I assume some fish would be incompatible with some cleaners. Someone who keeps SW will be along with the right ideas

3. OP
    OP
    fish4life157

fish4life157 Valued Member Member

4. Y

Yeoy Well Known Member Member

Sounds amazing. Picassos especially are absolutely stunning. I only keep FW so I can't speak much on your clean-up crew properly sorry.

5. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

2 turbos, 4 hermits( make sure to get bigger shells for them), 2 peppermint shrimp, 5 sand shifter snails, and a starfish seeing it is a FOWLR.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice