cleaning a fishtank

gammerus

Well Known
Reaction score
how do you get rid of that soap scum looking stuff in a fishtank. it has been scrubbed with vinegar(I was told it might help) and it has soaked in bleach diluted water nothing will get rid of it.
Mind you this tank is intended for frogs so it won't be holding water.

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
You could try genlty scraping it with a razor blade. Be careful!

OP
gammerus

gammerus

Well Known
Reaction score
its not even a buildup like that..the glass is merely foggy. I have tried lime away, CLR, vineger, vaselene, even those disolving tablets used to clean dentures. I have read a million things on the internet that are supposed to help, but none of them are working.

hopesmom

Reaction score
hI there! are you still around? I'm new and bought a used 90g tank with same prob...what did you end up doing? I tried salt, but it still looks horrible...Denise

ecnaj143

Well Known
Reaction score
Try a baby wipe. Baby wipes GETS OFF ANYTHING. It even works on chocolate on carpet.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Even though some stains are really hard to remove in my tanks (especially the calcium deposits), I never use anything but tank water to clean it. I am afraid to use any chemicals in near proximity to my tanks, not to mention on/inside my tanks.

hopesmom

Reaction score
I've been scrubbing on it today, and it is a lot better, but still far from "new" looking. I asked my boyfriend for a razor blade and he freaked out and said he was scared I would get hurt or scratch the glass - of course he could be right, but still I hate to be told no - sometimes I'm so immature! ha!

New Threads