cleaner

jigsaw117

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm cleaning out a used glass tank and I'm having some trouble with just a scrubber, can anyone recommend a cleaning solution that can get rid of the build up on the glass without harming the fish? (I know soap is bad thats why I'm asking)

Sent from my C811 4G using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

jigsaw117

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
thats not really doing the trick, would CLR cleaner work? I looked on the website, it doesn't have any phosphates, ammonia or bleach

jigsaw117

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I got API safe and easy cleaner from my LPS, I hope it works

elliot5445

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm assuming you don't have any fish in there. What I do for old empty tanks Is put some oxiclean in a bucket and wash the glass off with a cloth soaked in it. Then take it outside (or in the tub if its small enough) and wash it out completely. if theres any calcium buildup I take a razor blade and scrape it all off, then wash it again. Works well and if you wash it out well it doesn't hurt fish!

jigsaw117

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I heard somewhere that this product barely/doesnt work since its so weak/diluted. Let us know how it does!
the only use I got out of it was the empty spray bottle that I filled up with CLR

Gena

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I use hippie cleaning solution(1/3 vinegar and 2/3 water) and a brand new razor blade to scratch everything off the glass. The hippie cleaning solution eats at the gunk and makes it easier to scrape off.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom