clean the bottom

1. kribensis keeper Member Member

i am looking for a fish to clean the bottom of my tank but i want something that is fast and colourful and possebly semi aggresive eg red tailed black shark but i wants something that will get along with my kribensis esspecially my 4 danio,1simease alge eater and 6 tiger barbs. i was thinking a red tailed black shark or a few kuhli loaches:;jaws:;swls:;toast

2. Kerber23 Member Member

My fave, the Bristlenose Pleco :D he gets along with everything. my Convicts, my rams, my monster pond goldfish... love the plecos. If size would be an issue. some corrys would be an alternate solution. There are many other plecos out there... The Bristnose is one of manny... the Goldspotted pleco is another beautiful fish.

by the way... nice Krib

3. Robb85 Initiate Member

Do corys help to keep the bottom clean?
    Thats good, I want to buy a school of 5 or more.

4. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Yes, and a school of 5 or more is a great idea.

Kuhli loaches are good too.

What do you mean "keep the bottom clean"? Clean of food, algae, detrius?

5. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Extra gravel vacs will keep the bottom clean. :)

6. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

cories are really playful, and they keep the bottom of my tank clean. :)

but they are peaceful

7. kribensis keeper Member Member

by cleaning the bottom yes i do mean food scraps etc also what about a red tailed black shark

8. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Your tank isn't big enough for a RTS. IMO They are aggressive and best kept with fish of similiar size. They grow to approx. 5".

Corys are fun bottom fish to have, always busy looking for scarps but you still have to drop sinking food in such as shrimp pellots, algae wafers and they enjoy frozen bloodworms.

9. kribensis keeper Member Member

so i can not get a RTS. then i will get a few corries but when i called the local aqarium store the guy said that when the kribs breed and even when they are not breeding that the corries will get attacked by the male is this true or will they get along.

please comment esspecially anyone that has kept these 2 fish together in a 25 gallon tank or simaler (cories and male and female kribensis breeding or not)

10. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member