Clean tank smelly water

Wrona0306

Hi everyone
About 7 week ago i set up 180l fish tank fully planted. Water parameters are ph 6.8 amonnia 0 Nitrates 0 Nitrates about 2 to 3. Water change are weekly 40-50%. Every week maintenance glass clean sand clean etc. Stock are 9 amano 5 corys 30 cherry 25 green neon tetras 15 guppys 2 kuhly loaches. I lost maybe 2 guppys about week ego but this thing happend ( maybe they are weeker or somthing). I feed fish once a day. I use 2 filters 1st is oase biomaster 250 fully loaded with matrix purigen and 300grams of crush coral (tap water is soft) 2nd fully loaded with fluval biomax. Water is crystal clear , plants growing like mad, fish are happy but about 2 days ego water start smell like rotton something. Cant explained smell exacly but smell not right and dont know where is the problem. Maybe filters are fully with some gunk but oase is just 7weeks old and other one is 8month old and was clean about 2month ego so i dont know. Anyone anything please
Pic

Attachments

• 20210802_221000.jpg
    20210802_221000.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 30

awilkinson871

In the end of the tank where the gravel is very deep dig a hole down to the bottom. If the smell gets worse that means you have sulfur built up below the substrate. Deep gravel is known for getting poo and food built up below the surface and rotting. If this is the issue you can use a gravel vacuum to go in deep and remove the gas while changing the water. The cories will keep the top 1-2 inches clean but cant get below that.
One note- since you have shrimp do not overclean. They eat biofilm and algae so if you are always cleaning everything they wont have any natural food.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Wrona0306
Replies
Views
KinderScout
Replies
Views
Demeter
Replies
Views