Clean tank sharks die...

mbztech

The first time I ever layed eyes on a silver shark I knew I wanted one. I put one in my tank and the shark was always very active. I cleaned the tank one time then the shark became a floater. So I decided to buy three more. Put them in my tank, very active schooled fish, those guys were all over that tank... then again I clean the tank and have three floaters...
Anyone else ran into this???
Thinkin next timw I get some sharks, put them in a separate container while I clean the tank...

Stradius011

Did you condition the water and wait for one week before putting it in? If not, that probably is why.

Tom

Stradius011 said:
Did you condition the water and wait for one week before putting it in? If not, that probably is why.
Why would you wait a week?
Tom

mbztech

Before I bought the fish I did clean the tank add the chems and waited for a week for the water to balance. Did my test strip and put the fish, of course let the bag they come in sit in the water for the temp to adjust. It's when the bala's are in the tank while I clean the bottom and do about a 20-25% water change that I notice they do not survive.

Butterfly

Did you cycle the tank first? Heres some good information to read when starting a tank
carol

jpunk9

That happened to me today. I change the water once a week and nothing has ever happened but I was running low on prime so I put what I had in the water and left to get some more. The pet store is 15 mins there and back. when I came home they were gone. I figured at least if I put the rest in they would be ok,it was about half a dose, but that was not the case. I feel so bad. Maybe you don't add enough conditioner. The people at the pet store told me that balas are verry sensitive to water.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom