Clean Outs

Sxusie

I’m still wanting to build a pond and I’m trying to know all I can before I do... I’ve searched all over and I can find an answer. How often are you supposed to clean your pond? Is it like cleaning an aquarium where you do water changes?
If it matters my pond is going to be 320g: 7ft by 3 by 2 1/2. I think I’m going to put 3 common goldfish in it

Zigi Zig

Morning
Are you going to use some type plastic tub or you going dig in ground and use pond liner? What filtration you going to use ? Are you going to use skimmer?

Sxusie

ZigI Zig said:
Morning
Are you going to use some type plastic tub or you going dig in ground and use pond liner? What filtration you going to use ? Are you going to use skimmer?
I’m doing an above ground one with pond liner or a tub if I can find one the right size. I want to just use an all in one filter, like this it has uv and is 660g per hour

Zigi Zig

Sxusie said:
I’m doing an above ground one with pond liner or a tub if I can find one the right size. I want to just use an all in one filter, like this it has uv and is 660g per hour
So most ponds that I have build water changes are necessary as pond are closed water system. Water leaves the pond mostly via evaporation rather than drainage and most of the time rain will fill it back up there is some time during strong heat I have to add water manually.. Again is all depend how and where you going build your pond if is going to be at some point at direct sun there will be some evaporation as well if you going to add waterfall most water will evaporation there..
Keep me posted with your build..

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom