Clean Algae Off Tank Glass?

BubblesTheBettaFish

Hi! Just wondering how to clean some algae of my tanks glass. I have a tooth brush but I’m scared it might scratch the glass or something. Anyone know of any house hold items I could use to clean the glass? Thanks!

really lost

Hi! Just wondering how to clean some algae of my tanks glass. I have a tooth brush but I’m scared it might scratch the glass or something. Anyone know of any house hold items I could use to clean the glass? Thanks!

You honestly could use just about any rag in decent shape. In the future if you choose to get a sponge dedicated to algae find out if your tank is really glass or acrylic and buy the corresponding sponge that’ll work best. If you’re really worried about scratches you can go out and get one.

kallililly1973

IMO best algae remover on glass is a used gift card.

Elkwatcher

There are lots of tools you could use! Mag Floaters... a magnetic cleaner so you don't have to get your hands wet. Fibre brushes, tank razors, Mr. Clean magic erasers. Tooth brushes ok too.. just because you don't get your substrate in the cleaner's, as then you will scratch your glass. Welcome to Fishlore!

iu-1.jpeg

iu.jpeg

iu-3.jpeg

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Karen Morphis
Replies
Views
Linda4088
Replies
Views