Classified Ads for Kentucky Area? Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Websites' started by JustinF, Apr 8, 2010.

1. JustinFValued MemberMember

Does anyone know of any other source for used fish tanks other than Craigslist and ebay in the Lexington Kentucky Area??

2. AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good morning JustinF,

I think there is also a site called Free Cycle . com but I'm not certain. There may be one in your area. Hold on for more suggestions.
    Ken

3. JustinFValued MemberMember

Yes that is a good one too, I've been trying that one but with out much luck. Thanks for the option.

4. harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Hi JustinF and welcome to FL!

I lived in Louisville for a few years and always had a really hard time finding good deals on used tanks. IME getting good deals on Craigslist really depends a ton on your location- when I moved to the Atlanta area, I started finding tons of good deals. Freecycle never panned out for me, and the local deals on ebay were mostly a joke. The only other thing I can think of is to check the Louisville Marine Aquarium Society at   and see what's in the classifieds on their forum. Sometimes there are ok deals. If you can't find anything there and don't mind a drive, you may have better luck checking Craigslist for Indianapolis or Cincinnati.

Good luck! :)

5. ldbrown3138Valued MemberMember

There is a guy in Bowling Green who deals in used aquariums, etc. Check out the link. Also, join the Yahoo Group for Louisville Tropical Fish Fanciers, occasionally there will be deals listed there.

6. JustinFValued MemberMember

ldbrown3138 - The website seemed to have what I was looking, I'm just waiting to here back. I hope it's the 30 Gallon Long tank, I think I'm starting to get MTS.

Again thanks for the advise.

7. ldbrown3138Valued MemberMember

He has some really good prices. Hope you get the tank you want.

8. Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

don't forget about kijiji.com if you're looking for classifieds...

9. LucyModeratorModerator Member

It's FreeCycle.org. :)

Justin, there should be one in your area. With people spring cleaning, you might be able to pick up something. Best of all it's free to join and everything people offer is FREE!