cichlids

grotbag63

Reaction score
hi
i have recently set up a new tank and have a selection of cichlids that are almost fully grown. could anyone please tell me if you can put a plec in the tank without it being harmed.
many thanks

username

Valued Member
Reaction score
as long as the pleco isn't smaller than the cichlid's mouths then yes.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Also depends on how big the tank is and how many caves/hiding places the plec will have.
Carol

waltmillham

Reaction score
I'm all new to this hobby, but I can tell you that I had to remove my Pleco from my 20 gallon because my two cichlids were just raising **** with it. I have one of those rock caves in there & the cichlids had it cornered in there. I finally found out what kind of cichlids I have. They are African (Powder Blue Cichlids)......supposed to be docile for a cichlid. if those are the docile ones, I'd hate to see what a Red Devil would do with a Pleco. At one point, my cichlids dragged the pleco right out of the cave & one even grabbed a test strip right out of my hand.....They're pretty busy guys.

newby sam

Reaction score
I have a 58 gallon tank with a pair of convict cichlids. Could I put a 5 inch pleco in with them if I had a little pirate ship that he could possibly fit into?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Convicts can be pretty aggressive when spawning but I think a pleco would be ok with a cave he could get into. You could always use rocks to make him a cave.
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom