Cichlids White Belly And Poo

1. Charlie83 Member Member

Seems like my cichlids are having clear/white poop. The bellys on a few of them are whiter then I remember. My wife just picked up metroplex unfortunately they don't sell focus. Will this do the trick? Help please! e14039c7028b857d7ad65dd24fa130c6.jpg d8f2301ff8b646b4910e3345bf0a638b.jpg
  2. KimberlyG Fishlore VIP Member

You want medicated food for this problem. You could try medicating the food without the focus. (I used API general cure to medicate my food for this problem. It contains praziquantel along with the metronidazole. It worked well.)

3. NavigatorBlack Fishlore VIP Member

@KimberlyG has a good suggestion.

What are you feeding regularly? Those fish need a high fiber diet with plant matter. They look very well cared for!
  4. Charlie83 Member Member

Pellet food recommended for cichlids...I'll have to check out the bag.

5. NavigatorBlack Fishlore VIP Member

This is not to replace the prazi recommendation, but it is always good to rotate 3 or so foods from different brands - a plant food, a colour food, a staple food. Too much of one thing isn't good. I like to use different brands as well.
    The foods made for Malawis like yours are generally really good for those fish.

The wastes don't look good, but the fish do so it should just be a bump in the road.
  6. Charlie83 Member Member