20 Gallon Tank cichlids and red tail shark together

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnloveday

Reaction score
Experience
Just started

I have a 20 gallon tank and it has been working out for about 4 months now with 3 african cichlids, three gobies, a red tail shark and a catfish (pimelodella i think it is)....as i have read on here this would cause big trouble but they have been fine..the only real fight was between two cichlids but the weaker one has already recovered...just thought this was interesting and wanted to share it...i might post a video or pics if i have time. I know that u will say there are too many fish for one tank and that they dont really go together but they are not that big yet and they have all survived without much trouble.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Definitely need to upgrade that tank. They might be ok for the moment but I promise that won't last. Rift lake cichlids get more aggressive as they get older & the tank size isn't large enough for any of those species. You might think it's ok, but I garantee 110% that you will have to upgrade the tank or get rid of some fish in the not too distant future.

Last edited:
OP
J

johnloveday

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
yup, i know ill need a bigger tank but its quite interesting how theyve adapted to live together..at first they spent all the time fighting...now they sort of mind their own business for most of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 57 64.8%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 17 19.3%

Top Bottom