Cichlid with yellow stringy poop

hotandcold

Hello, I noticed my flowerhorn has yellow stringy poop that does not get excreted out easily. The poop becomes attached but will eventually fall off maybe after few hours or so?? The poop has little tiny yellow looking dots in it. I noticed this about a week and half ago and he has been lethargic since then.

Water parameters are all within normal range, temp is 82 F.

I was thinking maybe it's parasites since it's stringy but I've only fed him dried pellets and nothing has changed for the past 3 years. Skeptical how the parasites would've been introduced. I started to dose with Seachem Metroplex just in case anyway for the past week. He's slowly doing worse and sluggish. Has anyone seen this before? Why is it yellow colored? Please provide me with your insight, thanks!

Attachments

• fh1.jpg
    fh1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 3
  • fh2.jpg
    fh2.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 3
  • fh3.jpg
    fh3.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 3

A201

Apparently some type of intestinal blockage has occurred. Hopefully this doesn't result in a bacterial infection.
If the FH is still eating you might try a medicated food. Plenty of commercial products available on line. I feed my fish NLS Thera +A, a garlic laced pellet food. Seems to be a good preventative against intestinal problems.

hotandcold

Apparently some type of intestinal blockage has occurred. Hopefully this doesn't result in a bacterial infection.
If the FH is still eating you might try a medicated food. Plenty of commercial products available on line. I feed my fish NLS Thera +A, a garlic laced pellet food. Seems to be a good preventative against intestinal problems.
Unfortunately he's not eating at the moment. His stomach does seem bloated. Do you recommend epsom salt to relieve constipation? Any idea where the yellow stuff is coming from? Thanks!!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Momgoose56
Replies
Views
e_watson09
Replies
Views
BlueGlofish
Replies
Views