55 Gallon Tank Cichlid Tank

Lexi716

I did some rearranging and now my 55g tank only has an electric blue acara cichlid and a blood red parrot cichlid in it. I’d love to add some more fish but I’m really sure what to add! My electric blue acaras very peaceful and my blood parrots peaceful most of the time. I’ve noticed she/he (not sure?) pushing into the electric blue acara a couple times and trying to nip at him but overall it’s not too aggressive. I’m adding another cave to the tank soon so hopefully it will help with that. I also know it’s mouth shape makes it near impossible to harm the electric blue acara so I’m not super worried since it doesn’t happen a lot. So, what other fish would be a good fit for the tank? The only fish store anywhere close to me is petsmart sadly, so I don’t have many options. My options are: convict cichlid, angelfish, boesmani rainbowfish, Australian rainbowfish, Electric Yellow Labidochromis African Cichlid (probably shouldn’t mix cichlids from different geographical regions though I’m assuming), bumblebee African cichlid, zebra African cichlid, gold Severum cichlid, oranda goldfish, and ghost catfish. Would any of these get along with the fish in my tank currently? Thanks for any help!

Demeter

Of that list I’d probably do a school of rainbows and/or the severum. Definitely no African cichlids or goldfish.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
GlennO
Replies
Views
Papasmerf73
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views
TClare
  • Question
55 Gallon Tank Cichlid Tank
Replies
Views
LowConductivity

Random Great Thread

Know of a great thread on Fishlore that should be on this list? Submit the thread link here:
Great threads on Fishlore

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom