Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Cichlid Problems

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Lexie123, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Lexie123New MemberMember

I think I have mistaken a red devil cichlid as a golden ram cichlid! Still not sure either. I got a blue ram cichlid as a tank mate with him in a 20 gallon tank and my original fish that I'm now not sure of his breed is chasing him all over. Please help! I'm going to attach a file of my fish from when I first got him, mind ALL of his black markings are gone now and he is solid yellow. Also he is not in that tank either, I know it was to small for him, it's only used as a holder when I need him out of the tank for a short time.

Attached Files:

2. Lexie123New MemberMember

Here's an updated photo of him I just took

Attached Files:

3. CrispiiValued MemberMember

Yeah, that's not a ram. Looks more like a red devil to me.

4. Lexie123New MemberMember

So if he is a red devil, what does this mean for my new blue ram? What should I do?

5. CrispiiValued MemberMember

I would rehome the red devil. They get pretty big (about 15 inches) and can be very aggressive.

6. Lexie123New MemberMember

Oh wow,... that's really big. I'd still really like to keep him...what tank size is appropriate for that sized fish? Alone ofcourse, I would consider buying another tank just for him so I could keep him.

7. CrispiiValued MemberMember

I would say that a 75 gallon is the bare minimum. Try going as big as a 100 gallon. And of course, bigger is always better.

8. Lexie123New MemberMember

Ok, I'll keep that in mind, unfortunately for the next day or so my new ram will have to make do in my small tank, but atleast hes not getting ran around and beat up on... :/ also, how fast will the devil grow?

9. CrispiiValued MemberMember

I wanna say they grow pretty fast, but don't take my words for granted.

10. Lexie123New MemberMember

Ok, I'll dive into Google and do some research on my devil friend lol