Cichlid id ?

jab91864

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The last time I was at the pet shop I asked when they would be getting new fish in. Yesterday was the due date. Decided to stop in and see if they got more than goldfish and danios.

They had some very pretty young Jack Dempseys with touches of blue in a tank that were new. I then asked do you ever get dwarf cichlids in... that is when I was directed to another tank I had seen before that just says mixed cichlids and has a lot of different looking cichlids in it. Different colors, sizes and markings.

The woman told me these two stay small but she didn't know what they are. I came back with my camera and tried to get a couple pics. Sorry the quality isn't good but I was trying for a discreet photo shoot..lol. Of course the yellow was shy but the blue (it has a very pretty shimmery shine to it that doesn't show in the pics) seemed to be very brave and came at the camera several times.

Anybody know what they might be.

Attachments

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The yellow one is an electric yellow Lab, an African Cichlid, the other is an African too, not sure which kind. These guys really need to be kept with their own kind as they are aggressive fish with quite specific water requirments.

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Is a hybrid mix between a Johanni and something else. You can tell because the long stripes along the sides.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom