Cichlid Id Help

ledlight

Reaction score
What kind of cichlids are these? I have 4 of them and they are each about and inch to 1.5 inches long. All but the smallest one have the black vertical stripes.

Attachments

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Definitely not a Firemouth. Appears to be one of the infamous "mixed Cichlid" Mbuna hybrids. Appear to have some Kenyi in some of them, but with those bars they are clearly not pure.

ledlight

Reaction score
Ok thank you, that is very helpful. I didn't consider the fact that they could be hybrids. Any idea how big they will get?

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Definitely mbuna, as chromedome52 said, also appears to be at least part kenyi. The little blue guy w/o stripes may be a blue zebra.

RonJ

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
chromedome52 said:
Definitely not a Firemouth. Appears to be one of the infamous "mixed Cichlid" Mbuna hybrids. Appear to have some Kenyi in some of them, but with those bars they are clearly not pure.
The one on the second picture. Is it really a fry? Because it looks like some of the tanganyikan species I have seen. In fact my young adult neolamprologus caudopunctatus looks very similar except for the coloration.

ledlight

Reaction score
I honestly have no idea how old it is but I have only had them for a week... but it is the smallest one out of the bunch.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom