"Churched up" the Betta tank! 5 Gallon Tank

1. nissan4life Member Member

Oh my arms and shoulders! I spent the day prepping driftwood and scrubbing/bleaching/rinsing/boiling rocks that I found (then I read I'm NOT supposed to boil, so I cut that out). I've been dying to do this for a week! I found the wood Thursday, combed the beach this morning for the rocks, then hurried home to get started :)

So far I've only done the Betta tank, a 5G, and it's still a work in progress. I need more plants and I want to get rid of that ugly glossy background. Maybe I'll paint it black...

Anyway, here are some of the pics. I only wish I could capture the true lighting; it's so nice in person and I'm ecstatic how it's coming out so far :;banaman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want to start a tank thread to track my progress and keep it in one place, but I've been sooo busy lately! Maybe tomorrow :p

2. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Looks great! Isn't redecorating fun? :p

3. nissan4life Member Member

Thanks lol yes it is! And I had to steal back some plants I put in the 20. Now the 20 looks like a wasteland. I can't wait to see how that one comes out :)

Here's my sweetie :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Good job! looks really nice :)
    Carol

5. nissan4life Member Member

Thank you :)

6. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Hey, What a Beautiful Betta!! Good Job on the tank (s). I also have been trying to spruce up my tanks. I put a beautiful rock in that my daughter found. Now she wants it back!!!

7. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

That is a really neat betta. Very unique!

8. nissan4life Member Member

Thanks! Yes he is unlike any Betta I have ever seen, and I'm so glad he was still in the store when I went back to get him :)

The best part is I paid nothing for the driftwood or rocks :D

9. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Even better! Free decor is great.

And yeah, I really like the color of your fish. If I were still buying for my personal collection, I probably woulda snatched that one up. lol

10. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

great job. looks like the beta likes his new digs too.

11. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

:animal0068:I have moved your thread from General Discussion to Members Fish Tanks section of the forum.

Tank looks great! :)

Thanks!

Ken

12. nissan4life Member Member