"Churched up" the Betta tank! 5 Gallon Tank

1. nissan4life

nissan4life Member Member

Oh my arms and shoulders! I spent the day prepping driftwood and scrubbing/bleaching/rinsing/boiling rocks that I found (then I read I'm NOT supposed to boil, so I cut that out). I've been dying to do this for a week! I found the wood Thursday, combed the beach this morning for the rocks, then hurried home to get started :)

So far I've only done the Betta tank, a 5G, and it's still a work in progress. I need more plants and I want to get rid of that ugly glossy background. Maybe I'll paint it black...

Anyway, here are some of the pics. I only wish I could capture the true lighting; it's so nice in person and I'm ecstatic how it's coming out so far :;banaman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want to start a tank thread to track my progress and keep it in one place, but I've been sooo busy lately! Maybe tomorrow :p

2. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Looks great! Isn't redecorating fun? :p

3. OP
    OP
    nissan4life

Thanks lol yes it is! And I had to steal back some plants I put in the 20. Now the 20 looks like a wasteland. I can't wait to see how that one comes out :)

Here's my sweetie :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Good job! looks really nice :)
    Carol

5. OP
    OP
    nissan4life

Thank you :)

6. Wendy Lubianetsky

Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Hey, What a Beautiful Betta!! Good Job on the tank (s). I also have been trying to spruce up my tanks. I put a beautiful rock in that my daughter found. Now she wants it back!!!

7. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

That is a really neat betta. Very unique!

8. OP
    OP
    nissan4life

Thanks! Yes he is unlike any Betta I have ever seen, and I'm so glad he was still in the store when I went back to get him :)

The best part is I paid nothing for the driftwood or rocks :D

9. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Even better! Free decor is great.

And yeah, I really like the color of your fish. If I were still buying for my personal collection, I probably woulda snatched that one up. lol

10. pirahnah3

pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

great job. looks like the beta likes his new digs too.

11. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

:animal0068:I have moved your thread from General Discussion to Members Fish Tanks section of the forum.

Tank looks great! :)

Thanks!

Ken

12. OP
    OP
    nissan4life