Christmas Parade

1. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

:cold:Good morning. Past Saturday our little neighborhood had a Christmas Parade. Everyone was to decorate their golf carts, riding lawn mowers and 4 wheelers. There were close to 15 entries (so to speak). Usually every year we have a Christmas Regatta but folks are getting older and that isn't as easy to do as it use to be. Too, in the past it has rained, been cold and people got wet and it just wasn't a pretty site. :no2: After the parade we all went to 1 neighbors house for the party and tons of food. It was fun :) :;toast

Hope you enjoy the photos.
    Ken

A few more:

Attached Files:

2. Beth1965 Well Known Member Member

Looks like a lot of fun.

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:;santaclaus It looks like great fun! Does everyone in your neighborhood own a golf cart? lol

4. DRock914 Member Member

Thats cool, great second use for a golf cart lol. Do you live on a golf course because it seems convenient that your neighbors all have golf carts?

5. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

lol Most of the neighbors have golf carts. We live in the boonies and it's much easier to get around in a golf cart and much more fun compared to driving a regular car or truck. The road only goes for 3.5 miles. Too, for parties it really much easier to park ! :) I hate to say it but it makes it a "little" safer too should someone have too much drink at one of the parties. There are several places in town where you can purchase them new and used. Saves gas :)
    Ken

6. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

that looks like a ton of fun!!!!! im sad I couldnt make it :(
    we do the same at our camp with christmas in july LOL
    thanks for sharing the pics...whose santa? :p

7. gunner13 Well Known Member Member

Great community spirit you have in your neighbourhood Ken.

Nick

8. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks! It was lots of fun. I'm glad you like the photos.
    :;santaclaus<----my friend :) :whistling:
    Ken

9. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks for sharing the pics, Ken! It looks like it was a blast.

10. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

:pokey:so you bribe him for all your new fun fishy stuff!~!! not fair!:anim_35:

11. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

LOL You didn't know I have personal connections to Santa did you Shawnie? He now knows who really is the "nawty" one. You Missy!
    :giggle:
    Ken

12. gremlin Well Known Member Member

Looks like it was fun! I wish our neighborhood would do stuff like that, but they are all "too busy" or whatever.

I'm envious of the access you have to golf carts in your area. I would love to try my hand at driving a golf cart, but they are too expensive for me to even consider.

Looks like someone even brought their puppy along - that's cool.

I like the crocheted afghan in pic 5 - I love blue. It looks nice and cozy and warm! I'm surprised more people didn't have them over their laps!

13. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

What fun!!! Thanks for the pics :)
    carol

14. Tigerlily Well Known Member Member

What a hoot! Thanks for sharing.