Christmas Parade

1. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning. :;smanI wanted to invite all of you to come to our neighborhood Christmas Parade:;shat. It's this coming Saturday at 4pm. Everyone in the neighborhood is to decorate their "golf cart" or "riding lawn mower" for Christmas. We have a 3.5 mile stretch of road (that dead ends) and the parade goes the entire length of it. After the parade is a party at one of the neighbors' house. Everyone brings a covered dish and their own drinks :;toast. There will be so much food and so much fun! Rain or shine it's going to happen and right now rain is predicted. Dress for cold weather!

I'll be taking some :camera:! Yeah!!!!!

Ken:;santaclaus

2. Slug Well Known Member Member

Aw man, looks like i'm gonna miss it by 1 weekend Ken! LOL

3. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Slug. I'm just glad to hear that you're coming home!
    Ken

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Sounds like fun Ken! I know we'll see pics since you have your new digi camera!

5. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

awwwww send me a ticket!!!!!!! ONE WAY LOL
    cant wait for pics

6. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Tickets coming! (teehee)
    For the past 3 or 4 years we've held a Christmas Regatta with everyone decorating their boats. Every year it was so cold and or raining (which didnt' stop us) and folks are getting older, too it would be dark when we returned from the river (not good) so it was decided to do the parade this year.
    I'm looking forward to it all and to sharing it with you folks.
    Have a good day!
    Ken

7. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

That sounds like a blast! Can't wait to see pics!

8. DRock914 Member Member

I've never heard of that, sounds like a great idea. Are there a lot of little kids in your neighborhood? When I was little Santa used to come to one of the local shopping centers by helicopter and walk around and pass out candy canes. Now Santa comes around all the streets on a fire truck.

9. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

I'm on my way! i must pick up the life's first though :giggle:

That is very cool. I've never done anything like that, i did once for halloween though...

Cant wait to see the pics!

10. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

It sounds like it's going to be a blast! Can't wait to see pics!

11. Borisbbadd Guest

Sounds fun!!!

Don't forget the :camera: