Christmas hints!!! THEY DON'T WORK!!! Really! WHATS on YOUR list?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Junne, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

HINTS DON'T WORK!!!!
    Okay so that said, I told him what I fancied:

OPTION A: Nikon 24-70mm F2.8 lens
    COST= $1,800.00

OPTION B: Aqueon 92 gallon corner bowfront tank ( I heard from the LFS today that they are discontinuing this model ) it comes with a holding tank and drain so you can hook it up to its own plumbing tor water changes!!! Isn't that just sweet!!!
    COST= $590.00

NOT that I will even get any of these ( that I haven't mastered yet ) but if he wanted to know, thats my list and I'm sticking to it!!!! Wish me luck!

I'd say after 14.5 years of marriage, I ought to at least get the tank!

So, WHATS on YOUR LIST??

Junne

2. oscarsbud

oscarsbud Well Known Member Member

I would like to get a better lighting system for my 150.

3. l

luke355027355027 Well Known Member Member

One your in a fish forum so a little bias in opinion.

Secondly a 75 gallon light and stand at petsmart is 400.

As for the tan i would jump on it personally. My lfs is ma and pop there a little pricy but i know the owners so id rather support them than a box store. Ok enough talking. No i would really consider the tank personally and its a bowfront

Me cyber monday i got 48 inch LEDs for 55$. An aqueon 50. 3 blue led airstones. Airline tubing. Aerator more leds for decoration. And i went to my lfs and ordered some blue botia loaches to add to my 5 clown loaches. And a partridge in a pear tree.

4. Meeps83

Meeps83 Well Known Member Member

A new car......I won't be getting mine either :)

5. Tigress Hill

Tigress Hill Well Known Member Member

Oooo... let me copy and paste this list for you;)

Prime
    Frozen Bloodworms
    Batman trilogy
    Betta hammock
    Heater
    6.5 bookshelf tank
    Api test kit
    Black Diamond Blasting Media
    Plants
    Stealth video glasses
    Flourish Excel

This list would not take well with my parents, therefore I am "just" asking them for the Trilogy and money:D

6. guppygrl

guppygrl Valued Member Member

number one on my list is a gift card to my local LFS. that way if i get a few... i can get something really nice :)

7. S

Skysong87 Valued Member Member

I only have one item on my wish list ... See I'm not greedy at all :) I've asked my mum for a 150g tank which would ONLY cost $2500 with all the basics (eg light, fx5 etc). See??? I'm reasonable hehehe.

After discussing/explaining/begging she finally agreed I could get it for Christmas. She said she would pay for $300 while I paid for the rest ... Yep that's my Christmas wish list, lol.

But I'm still extremely happy that I'm even allowed to keep the tank in the house :;hf :;bananad2

8. midnamoondog

midnamoondog Well Known Member Member

My in-laws to move out!

9. OP
    OP
    Junne

oh thats a tough one and I FEEL your pain!!!!! :)

10. psalm18.2

psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Hubs bought me one last year and lost it.

11. Tigress Hill

Hey, all of you older children are asking for some expensive items! My list may look long, however consider the fact that if smart shopping is taken into account, my list is under $300;D

12. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

I am asking for house stuff, so i can have most everything for when I decided to move from my parents house...
    Petsmart giftcards
    Aquatic plants
    Blue Jellie Shrimp, covered thanks featherblue!!!
    40-65 g tank w/stand and high lighting (3w/g)

I will maybe only get the first thing though xD the shrimp don't count that deal was made months ago

13. oscarsbud

oscarsbud Well Known Member Member

Generally, the older you are, the more expensive the list.

14. OP
    OP
    Junne

haha - older kid is right! I've been married for 14 years, been together for 20 so I deserve to have expensive toys!!!! LOL

15. S

Skysong87 Valued Member Member

Lol, that's true tigress hill. If that's the case you shouldn't settle for just batman and money. Although I suppose that would depend on how much money you end up with :)

P.S. I just bought the dark knight rises this morning :) so i hope you get your batman!

16. Tigress Hill

True;)
    Well, I suppose I could add the glasses to my parent "hint" list, but I realized a long time ago that the shorter your list is, the more likely you are to get what you want. And my family tolerates my hobby, but if I ask them for fish-related items... well let's just say it is not the best idea!:;nin2
    Haha I hope so too:)

17. OP
    OP
    Junne

Believe me, my wish is on a much grander scale ( think new car ) but I decided to compromise :giggle:

18. allaboutfish

allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

My list is
    Car(unlikely)
    Contacts(getting)
    Clothes
    Money for fish
    :)

19. OP
    OP
    Junne

I guess I can't complain. I told hubby I wanted a Fluval Edge for my birthday so my son and him got me one! And a giant pirate ship deco for my 36 gallon.... BEST BIRTHDAY EVER! :)

20. Tigress Hill

I didn't get anything for my birthday, with the move and all I suppose it was forgotten. But hey, why am I complaining? I got a REALLY big room!;D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice