Choosing High Quality Food For Fish.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by FishNewbies, Apr 25, 2017.

1. FishNewbiesNew MemberMember

I'm currently feeding my neons and guppies Hiraki's fish flakes, and occasionally freeze dried blood worms. I heard my friends say that the food i feed my fish isn't good. What do you guys use to feed your fish? What brand sell high quality food? do you guys know any tips and tricks in choosing good food for fish? Please help, I don't want my little babies to get sick :emoji_disappointed:

2. Wet PetsNew MemberMember

Tetra tropical flakes is a good food , but they will not get sick with the hiraki flakes, just don't over feed.:)

3. AllieStenFishlore VIPMember

I use Tetra flakes also, but Hikari is a very good brand of food. Has a great reputation. I use their dried bloodworms, without issue.

As @Wet Pets said, as long as you aren't overfeeding, they should be fine.

4. ashenweltWell Known MemberMember

So my first stop is new life spectrum and then Hikari. So I am confused on the tetra over Hikari. The ingredients are what you should be going by. Whole and real ingredients. Partial ingredients just shouldn't be what your fish are stuck living on. Oddly, Aqueon makes some good food as well.

5. AllieStenFishlore VIPMember

I don't rely on flakes as primary food source for my fish. I rotate between flakes, frozen brine shrimp, and dried blood worms. With a fasting day in there also.

A lot of people make their own fish food. Which is probably the best way to keep them nutritionally sound.

6. ashenweltWell Known MemberMember

Always. Tonight I feed my tanks frozen hikari Daphnia, live micro worms, dried blood worms, NLS cichlid pellets, a local breeders pellets and mashed and shelled peas. Hope my fish enjoyed. It was a pain to not heavily over feed that mix lol.

That is actually the best review I have seen of packaged foods. You might wanna read.

7. Igor95Well Known MemberMember

I feed NLS + garlic monday, omega one flakes tuesday, bloodworms wednesday, and then repeat the next 3 days. On Sundays, I either don't feed, or give em peas. I have 7 tiger barbs and they go nuts

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice